Welcome to Year 6
with Mrs Griffiths
What a busy term we have planned! Keep checking our class page to keep up to date with all the exciting learning we have been doing.
Here are the topics we will be learning about:
English – Journey to the River Sea
Topic – The Rainforest and The Romans
Science – Light and Electricity
HOME LEARNING 2021:
OVERVIEWS 2020 – 2021:
CORE LEARNING LINKS:
Please see the document below to support your child’s learning at home for this term.
- Oak Class Core Learning Links – Spring 1
- Oak Class Core Learning Links – Autumn 1
- Oak Class Core Learning Links – Autumn 2
Please don’t forget additional revision sheets and sample tests are available from a red folder in the classroom.
Spellings will be tested on a Friday morning with Mrs Tomlinson. Spellings are sent home at the start of the term and are tested in the form of a dictation.
- Oak Class Spelling List Group A – January to February 2021
- Oak Class Spelling List Group B – January to February 2021
- Oak Class Spelling List Group A – November to December 2020
- Oak Class Spelling List Group B – November to December 2020
Homework portfolios are sent home on a half termly basis. Children are expected to read weekly and use Mathletics.
Tuesday – Mrs Tinley teaches in the afternoon.
Wednesday – PE kits need to be worn to school all day.
Thursday – Mrs Tomlinson teaches in the afternoon.
Friday – Spelling test with Mrs Tomlinson.
Reading Records – You can receive a new reading book three times a week, once your reading record has been signed by an adult. Reading books are changed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Remember, if you finish your book you can read it again or continue reading a different book at home.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- PE is on Wednesday.
- Please remember to bring a named water bottle to school every day.